Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
● “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
● “Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Orcas Online, Inc.
● “Country” refers to the United States of America.
● “Cookies” are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
● “Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
● “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
● “Service” refers to the Website.
● “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
● “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
● “Website” refers to orcasisland.org, accessible from https://orcasisland.org
● “You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
● Email address
● First name and last name
● Phone number
● Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
● Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information
automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You
access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
● Cookies or Browser Cookies.
A cookie is a small file placed on Your Device. You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not
● Web Beacons.
Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit
the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and
verifying system and server integrity). Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
● Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website
and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent
fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for
cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
● Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
● Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such
as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to
provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences
every time You use the Website.
● Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users
use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you
as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a
pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also
use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our
users react to them.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
● To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
● To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal
Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to
You as a registered user.
● For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase
contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us
through the Service.
● To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of
electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or
informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including
the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
● To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and
events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
unless You have opted not to receive such information.
● To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
● For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture,
restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets,
whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which
Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
● For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis,
identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to
evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
● With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to
monitor and analyze the use of our Service, for payment processing, to contact You.
● For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or
during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a
portion of Our business to another company.
● With Affiliates: We may share Your information with Our affiliates, in which case we will require
subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that We control or that are under common
control with Us.
● With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You
certain products, services or promotions.
● With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas
with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed
● With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this
obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve
disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained
for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the
functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any
other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be
transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other
governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
agreement to that transfer.
The Company will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in
or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your data and other
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your Personal Data may be transferred.
We will provide notice before Your Personal Data is transferred and becomes subject to a different Privacy
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to
do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● Comply with a legal obligation
● Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
● Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
● Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
● Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over
the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially
acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
The Service Providers We use may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect,
store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Service in accordance with their
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
● Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with
other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads
of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by
installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. The add-on prevents the Google Analytics
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy &
Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally
identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware
that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have
collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take
steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires
consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a third-party
every site You visit.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any
third-party sites or services.
We will let You know via email and/or a prominent notice on Our Service, prior to the change becoming
are effective when they are posted on this page.
● By visiting this page on our website: https://orcasisland.org/contact/
● By sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org